Date(s) - 15/06/2021 - 16/06/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sorrento in the Park
The Developmental Model is broad in its scope and very practical (as opposed to theoretical) in its focus. It offers a clinical framework that integrates attachment, differentiation and neurobiological theory into a coherent and action-oriented approach. This two day, Level 1 workshop will introduce you to the core elements of the theory and the key tools that the model uses. (click HERE to learn about Level 2)
You will learn:
- How to diagnose a person’s couple-developmental stage and what interventions are appropriate for what stage
- How to assess attachment style and integrate this understanding with developmental stage
- How to balance communication skills with self-soothing techniques to manage reactivity
- Specific interventions to help people manage conflict, delay gratification, increase differentiation and build effective empathy
- How to identify and weaken entrenched blame and withdrawal patterns
If you want to…
- Make your time working with clients on relationships more rewarding
- Increase your confidence in working with complex couples’ issues
- Become more effective and skillful in intervening around relationships
… this is the course for you
The training is compatible with all other models of relationship therapy and so is suitable for both experienced and novice therapists.
Whether you work primarily with individuals or couples, this comprehensive perspective on how relationships operate has something for you. You also have the chance to join our growing community of therapists with access to free information, further training, consultation and support.
If you are booking please make sure you scroll all the way down and click on the “Send Your Booking” button.