Date(s) - 13/09/2021 - 14/09/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sorrento in the Park
WORKING WITH THE TOUGH ISSUES IN RELATIONSHIPS
NB: You must have completed Level 1 before attending Level 2
Level 2 consolidates your learning from Level 1 by giving you more experience with key tools and concepts. By looking at the application of these core ideas and practices to difficult cases you get an even more grounded view of how the model can be applied in practice.
The aim is to help you develop a strong sense of leadership in your work with highly distressed couples and to become more confident in your ability to motivate stuck clients. Overall you should complete Level 2 feeling secure in having a road map for dealing with the most challenging relationship issues.
This course teaches:
- Ways to identify and categorise the tough relationship issues
- How to stop rapid escalation or compulsive avoidance and shift to productive exchanges
- Ways to make strong confrontations whilst retain rapport
- Techniques for engaging self-absorbed and withdrawn partners
- Efficient ways to help clients process and grow from affairs and other betrayals
- The Hostile-Dependent Couple
- The Conflict-Avoidant Couple
- Working with Couples with a Passive-Aggressive Partner and resolving intrapsychic impasses
- Special Focus on Creating Empathy in Self Involved Individuals in Couples Therapy
NB: If you are booking, please make sure you scroll ALL the way to the bottom and click on the “Send Your Booking” button.