- stay in charge of process and structure; keeping you and your clients safe
- why intimate relationships get harder to do over time and what to do about it
- how clients protect themselves out of a relationship and what they can do instead
- how to begin therapy with impact to maximise your credibility and your client’s hope
- avoid common traps regarding confidentiality and getting off-side with one partner
- how to prevent and de-escalate unproductive conflict
- the use of a systemic, non-blaming conceptualization in practice with couples
- how to empathically confront, especially where clients lack self-awareness
- how to address sexual issues as a normal part of adult intimate relationship
- keys to working across cultures and power differences
- & much more!
This workshop is intended for all practitioners regardless of how much or little training they have had in working with couples. Maybe you have had some training in a couple’s therapy model, but are lacking confidence in actually working with them. Perhaps you are considering moving into couples’ work and want a sound grounding. Perhaps you are quite experienced in working with couples but are always looking for a fresh perspective or just want to improve your practice. Wherever you are coming from, this workshop will be of value to your practice.
This is a stand-alone training, requiring no previous couple therapy experience or training.
Completion of this training (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for enrolling in the “Core Skills & Theory of the Developmental Model” training.
“This has to be the most raw, challenging, open training I have ever attended. This training delves into therapy in a way that makes you want more. The training talks about all the taboo subjects as therapists we have no idea how to ask or explore. This gives you strategies to explore these subjects with your clients in a safe and secure manner. I would highly recommend this training to anyone who works with or is wanting to work with couples, in fact I would recommend it to anyone doing therapy!” – Julie (Registered Social Worker)
NOTE: if you are booking, after filling in the form, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Send your booking” button
Log in if you already have an account with us.